Sunday, December 20, 2015

Elder Haskell, November 30, 2015

Hello!

The mission has been very good so far! I love it here! It's kinda like Maryland weather-wise right now, so it's a little wet and a little cool, but not as humid.  It must have been dry all summer, though, because everyone's lawns are gone! 
When I first arrived, I got to meet my mission president, and I like him a lot.  He is really loving, which is good! But other than that, it was all instructional, and that was boring, but my first night here we stayed in a hotel, which was nice of them, and they did a lot to welcome all of the new people. 
The next night was when my mission really started! It was interesting: our lesson canceled but we had dinner with a member who took us to a sushi restaurant.  I had decided that I will never say "no" on my mission to food, so when the member asked if I was ok with sushi, I said "yes"! So, I ate some and it was ok.  I had like 5 or 6 roles, so I think I did well, and who knows, maybe I'll like it one day! But it made for an interesting first night. That was also the first night with my trainer, too, and I like him a lot.  He has been on his mission for 6 months and is from Rexburg.  His name is Elder Denney (yes, with two e's).  He is a good trainer. 
The next day was Thanksgiving! It was great!  Our zone did a service project at an older lady's house for a few hours and then ward ultimate frisbee, which was a really fun way too meet some new members! Then that night we had Thanksgiving dinner twice! Once at the bishop's and once at a member of the ward council's house.  That was good and filling, and yes I ate my vegetables! 
After that it was a lot more mission-like.  We met some investigators had some lessons and even met four investigators. It's been a great week! 
 I'm on a bike! I got a loner from the mission that I get to use for my whole mission.  Most times the bikes are pretty bad bikes, but mine is really nice!  But I like biking a lot.  It's really fun!
Elder Haskell
 




No comments:

Post a Comment